Building Bridges w Books
Our next meeting is on April 14th and we will be discussing "The Confidence Code: The Art of Self-Assurance -- What Women Should Know", by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman. You can order your copy at our book shop here.
Join Prince George resident and small business owner, Kim Eley, who will facilitate our first chamber book club. We will meet quarterly at mid-day, virtually at first and then in person in our local restaurants. We envision an informal mastermind group for professional development…so a book club whose purpose is to help all of us solve problems, remove barriers, and enjoy the new relationships that begin here.
If you are someone who enjoys connecting, brainstorming, listening, questioning, encouraging, and helping others, then you should mark your calendar right now so you will be a founding member of our bubbling pool of thoughts and ideas. We will choose books that are available in audio, e-book, and bound book with limited copies available at the library.
Dr. Melody Hackney, Superintendent of Schools, City of Hopewell
Dr. Lisa Pennycuff, Superintendent of Schools, Prince George County
Elizabeth Trop, Adult Services Librarian, Appomattox Regional Library System
Dr. Debbie Sydow, President, Richard Bland College of William & Mary
Wendy Austin, Executive Director, Friends of the Appomattox River (FOLAR)
$100 for the Year
What you get:
- Logo on event marketing materials and social media channels – metrics for our social media channels are available
- As many ZOOM invitations as you would like; registration occurs on the web site; zoom invitations to follow
- Recognition by the facilitator
What sponsorship will provide:
- Printing and distribution of marketing flyers with sponsors logo on them
- Stipend to the facilitator which goes towards preparation time, ZOOM account, and assistance with marketing