JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager, Code No. 4200
EMPLOYER: Hopewell Redevelopment and Housing (HRHA)
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Salary Range: $41,672-$62,508 per year.
SUMMARY: The Accounting Manager position is responsible for managing the preparation, maintenance and communication of financial records for the organization. Financial records include the financial and operational information underlying the financial records and the information systems used to process, maintain and communicate these records. The Accounting Manager will directly supervise the Accountant I and Accountant II. The position is part of the Finance Department and responsible to the Chief Financial Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Ledger, as a whole including maintenance of chart of accounts
- Balance Sheet accounts except those specifically designated to Accountants
- Reconciliation of subsidiary and operational modules with the General Ledger
- eLOCCS draws
- Accounts Receivables
- Bad debt write-offs and recovery
- Journal Voucher posting
- Perform the monthly close of the General Ledger
- Prepare monthly reporting package and related ad hoc reports
- Serve as primary resource to Authority staff for financial package reporting
- Serve as primary lead for audit preparation and execution (primarily financial audits and financial aspects of program or compliance audits)
- Voucher Management System reporting
- Capital Fund Program reconciliation and reporting
- Two Year Tool – Housing Choice Voucher forecasting
- Budget reporting and analysis, as well as supporting budget preparation
- Manage day-to-day treasury processes
- Monthly PHAS Scoresheet review
Business & System Processes
- Serve as primary resource for all Authority financial information systems, including but not limited to accounting system, payroll system, banking system, and HUD systems (e.g. eLOCCS, PHAS)
- Support DFA in managing information systems and processing, as assigned
- Support IT support function, as appropriate
- Lead and/or support business & process improvement efforts
- Supervise Accountants
- Serve as backup for both the Accountants and the Director of Finance & Administration
- Directly supervises 1 employee.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge of accounting reporting and financial information systems and processes, especially relating to ensure internal control
- Skill in performing responsibilities to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to understand and operate in an automated operating environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Education or training in accounting or related subject matter required
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related subject matter required
- Experience in automated information systems and office software required
- Education and experience will be considered jointly in satisfying this requirement
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License, criminal background, and drug screening check required.
- Use of personal automobile for local job-relate travel and pick-up.