The Crater Planning District Commission, in collaboration with the Crater APEX Accelerator, currently has an employment opportunity for a full-time Procurement Specialist. This position is dependent upon partial funding through a cooperative agreement established with the Department of Defense and the Crater Planning District Commission.
The mission of Crater APEX Accelerator is to facilitate the success of regional firms in securing government contracts and subcontracts, thereby enabling them to expand and diversify their business endeavors. Additionally, we are dedicated to nurturing a diverse and robust domestic industrial foundation, poised to deliver superior solutions to the military and various government agencies.
Summary of Duties
The primary responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist are to educate and support businesses within the Crater APEX Accelerators service area on federal, state, and local government processes. Using means such as One on One confidential counseling either virtually or in person. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Director in managing the operational logistics of the APEX Accelerator program.
• Providing administrative support and coordinating logistics for conferences, workshops, and classes.
• Updating and maintaining the CRM database.
• Assisting with the management of APEX Accelerator’s social media accounts.
• Designing and conducting training events covering contracting awareness, orientation to procurement procedures, eBusiness technologies, and government acquisition policies.
• Conducting outreach events, which may involve occasional travel to client and potential client locations.
• Advising and supporting clients in locating prime procurement opportunities at the federal, state, and local levels.
• Assisting clients in the preparation and submission of bids and proposals.
• Maintaining access to regulations, publications, and other reference documents related to government contracting processes, acquisition reform, quality standards, and other pertinent information for businesses to successfully compete for, secure, and fulfill government contracts and subcontracts.
• Maintaining personal professional development by attending seminars, conferences, and participating in training programs offered by organizations affiliated with government contracting. As required by our cooperative agreement.
• Guiding clients through registration on platforms such as SAM.gov, JCP, PIEE, WAWF, SBDS, eVA, and other relevant sites to prepare them for government contracting.
• Assisting clients in applying for and obtaining certifications, including 8(a), HUBZone, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), State Small/Women/Minority/Micro (SWaM), and Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE).
• Providing clients with education on federal, state, and local government contracting laws, policies, procedures, as well as DoD Mentor-Protégé and SBA Mentor-Protégé programs.
• Advising and assisting clients in pursuing and securing subcontracting opportunities.
• Assisting clients in formulating capability statements for marketing.
• Identifying marketing opportunities aligned with clients’ products and services.
• Staying current in e-business tools to offer clients guidance on accessing contracting opportunities and relevant information related to federal, state, and local government agencies.
· 3-5 years of knowledge in government contracting processes and procedures.
· Associate degree in Business Administration or equivalent procurement experience within a government setting.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a clerical role, preferably as an Administrative Assistant.
· Proven proficiency in time management, including the ability to manage appointments and maintain meticulous CRM records.
· Competency in conducting market research.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, along with familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, MS Teams, PowerPoint, and Zoom.
· Exceptional communication skills for effective engagement with diverse individuals and organizations.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Dedication to maintaining strict confidentiality and safeguarding client information.
· Demonstrated customer service skills that facilitate productive client interactions.
· Ability to maintain comprehensive and confidential documentation of services provided during counseling sessions.
The role will be conducted within typical business office conditions and hours. Work demands may include travel, which can involve overnight stays, early morning, and evening meetings. These obligations may extend beyond the regular weekly hours. We are committed to making reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to carry out essential functions.
In the course of performing this role, the employee will need to:
· Sit, utilizing their hands and arms, engage in verbal communication and auditory perception, and focus on objects in close proximity.
· Additionally, the employee may need to:
· Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
· Lift or move objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally handle items up to 25 pounds.
This supplementary job description outlines the fundamental functions associated with the position and is not intended to encompass every task and responsibility unique to the role. An employee may be called upon to execute other relevant duties not explicitly detailed in this supplementary job description, provided that such responsibilities align with the typical expectations of the classification.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org