Are you a self-motivated, responsible and organized individual who desires rapid career advancement and contribution to accounting firm growth?
About the role:
- Work in a team setting with direct access and guidance from firm partners and managers
- Research technical accounting and tax issues for clients financial reporting and compliance recommendations
- Analyze and interpret financial data to provide valuable recommendations to clients
- Gain experience in industries including auto dealerships, real estate development and construction, non-profits and foundations, and manufacturing
- Learn data analytics methods using the IDEA data analysis software
About the team:
- We believe in the development of professionals and challenge each of our staff to hone more than just technical expertise.
- Learn in-depth industry expertise by serving on one of our many industry teams, such as Not for Profits or Auto Dealerships teams.
- Those starting their careers at Mitchell Wiggins are given access to a career coach, to ensure growth of a full professional and five-year plan of education and training to complement their accounting education.
- The firm also encourages engagement in volunteer organizations and civic groups.
Our audit teams use the latest technology to integrate data analysis and extraction into the auditing function. Our tax teams use artificial intelligence to minimize manual data entry in tax compliance and focus on valuable analysis and planning for clients. All teams have access to the leading industry analysis and research databases where staff can learn technical guidance and statutory research skills.
- As a mid-size public accounting firm with offices in Richmond and Petersburg, (located just 25 minutes south of downtown Richmond.) staff enjoy a family-oriented, work-life balance culture while gaining valuable technical expertise.
- Our team approach to client service has created trusted advisor relationships to our clients. Joining our team provides career track opportunities and a culture that rewards performance.