Housing Choice Voucher Program Specialist
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing complex work requiring considerable judgment in operating the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), Project Based Voucher (RAD PBV & Traditional PBV) Program, State Rental Assistance Program (SRAP), Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHV) and Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH), specifically client and landlord case management and compliance with HUD standards and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains appointment schedule for applicants. Takes and processes applications.
- Determines eligibility and issues vouchers to applicants on waiting list.
- Complies with rent reasonable standards.
- Counsels’ tenants and owners concerning responsibilities and procedures. Acts as liaison between tenants and owners.
- Prepares periodic reports and posts them to Basecamp and related documentation for submission to HUD, maintains files, records and other data.
- Conducts initial, annual, and interim reexaminations of program participants to include verifying tenant’s income, family composition, medical expenses and other unusual expenses; maintains family records.
- Computes & approves applicants/participants rent for initial occupancy.
- Performs initial, annual and move-out inspections of units to ensure continued compliance with Housing Quality Standards.
- Assists in maintaining owner and resident accounts for processing of monthly HAP payments.
- Becomes familiar with all applicants/participants and maintains and updates tenant records; keeps updated portability transfer list.
- Provides guidance to applicants/participants concerning family responsibilities and procedures.
- Maintains records in accordance with Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP).
- Prepares and maintains files regarding tenants, applicants and landlords in compliance with Authority and HUD policies and regulations.
- Performs re-exams and initial, annual and move-out inspections of leased units to ensure continued compliance with Housing Quality Standards and local housing codes; assists owners in maintaining compliance with equal opportunity and decent, safe and sanitary housing standards.
- Determines and comply with rent reasonableness standards.
- Assists in establishing and enforcing appropriate policies and regulations, including tenant and owner briefings.
- Supports implementation and execution of HCV Program plan initiatives, landlord recruitment, marketing, and development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in accounting, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite; Internal Systems Software, Encompass, and ADP Payroll System.
- Other skills required:
- Knowledge of HCV, PBV, RAD-PBV, EHV, SRAP, VASH programs and HUD regulations.
- Knowledge that comprises a basic foundation of learning typically gained through the completion of a four-year general college degree.
- Ability to operate the regular program operations effectively.
- Ability to interview and communicate effectively and pleasantly with Program participants and other stakeholders.
- Must have clerical skills including the abilities to operate all office equipment and to type narrative and quantitative materials within established time frames.
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to compile statistical data and to prepare reports from that data.
- Ability to understand and enforce complex regulations and standards.
- Previous experience working with HUD housing programs is required.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License, criminal background, and drug screening check required.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org