RN Supervisor Every Other Weekend
RN's with 5 years experience = $5000 sign on bonus
Licensed in good standing by the Virginia Department of Health Professions to practice as
a Nurse, with current CPR certification. Prefer previous management or supervisory
experience. Excellent clinical, customer service and leadership skills.
1. Ability to supervise licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel. Checks schedule each
day to ensure adequate staff coverage. Assigns and delegates staff responsibilities for
2. Ability to promote and maintain good working relationship with physicians, lab and
pharmacy to ensure proper and safe care of residents.
3. Ability to promote and maintain good working relationship with nursing personnel, other
departments, residents, families and visitors.
4. Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate all nursing care, including physical, mental,
and emotional status, and implement any required nursing intervention.
5. Ability to conduct meetings and in-service training sessions. Be certified in CPR.
6. Ability to promote and maintain constructive communication among nursing person
during tour of duty and at report sessions.
7. Will observe and assess residents on a daily basis. Will report any significant change of
resident’s condition to the physician.
8. Will monitor to ensure that nursing care documentation is appropriate, concise and timely.
9. Will keep administrative nursing staff informed regarding evaluations of resident care.
10. Will keep administrative nursing staff informed on personnel development.
11. Will make rounds with physicians, provide pertinent information regarding the residents
care/condition and follows through with the physicians orders.
12. Will review physician’s orders, lab reports and contact pharmacy regarding any change in
13. Ability to address complaints and follow up and keep administrative nursing staff
14. Ability to talk with family members regarding residents care and/or condition
15. Ability to complete accident/incident report and do follow up. Will report all
accidents/incidents to administrative nursing staff. Will call physician and family.
16. Ability to draw blood, start IV's and perform other standard nursing procedure or
treatment when necessary.
18. Ability to perform other duties, as assigned by the Director of Nursing or the Assistant
Director of Nursing.
22. Review medication records for completeness, accuracy in the transcription of physician’s
orders, and adherence to stop-order policies.
23. Review resident plans of care for appropriate goals and approaches, and make revisions
based on individual needs.
24. Assures the administration of medications and treatments according to the current
standards of nursing practice.
Completes accident/incident reports, investigates and does appropriate follow
through, all abuse/neglect allegations, incidents, family/resident concerns, and
*Reports all allegations/incidents to Administrator.
*Assures notification is made to all local, state and federal agencies as required by
statute and facility policy when directed by DON or administrator.
*Assures notification is made to physician and family.
26. Investigates with appropriate follow through, all abuse/neglect allegations,
incidents, family/resident concerns, and associate incidents.