When You Find Extra Time, Visit Hopewell and Prince George County, Virginia
January 8th: National “Clean Off Your Desk Day”
Did you know the second Monday in January is designated National Clean Off Your Desk Day?
Now you do, you’re welcome.
Here are 5 tips to consider when de-cluttering your desk:
1. Get rid of distractions. Close your door, set up a “do not disturb” sign, ask someone to cover the phones, do something to remove yourself from anything to distract you from tackling your messy desk.
2. Clear as much as you can. Start with a clean slate and build a system to stay organized.
3. Elevate your computer. It’s good for your posture and adds storage space underneath.
4. Use your drawers. Most likely, you’re either not using your drawers, or not using them properly.
5. Tidy your desk daily. Spending just 5 minutes each day to declutter and reorganize your desk will increase your workspace efficiency and mental clarity.
What does that have to do with visiting Hopewell and Prince George County, Virginia you ask? Well, with less stress at your desk you’ll most likely get more done, in which chase you’ll find yourself with a few extra hours to spend on yourself! When (not if) that happens, visit us at the Hopewell/Prince George Visitor Welcome Center where we can recommend how to make best use of your free time! Nature trails, kayaking, fishing, museums, historic sites, shopping, concerts, restaurants, we have it all!